The Chronicles of Allandria
Each character gets to take two “strategic actions” per day, one during the day and one in the evening. The options are:
- Delve. Take on encounters in the dungeon or wilderness.
- Explore. Make a Dungeoneering or Nature skill check. Success: Discover new adventuring areas, or assess the inhabitants of an already discovered area.
- Extended Rest. Per the rules in the Player’s Handbook.
- Influence. Interact with an NPC from a known faction and make a skill check, usually Diplomacy, Bluff, or Intimidate, to gain favor with that group.
- Train. Retrain a power/skill/feat. Or gain a token amount of XP.
- Ritual. Perform one yourself, or commission one from an NPC.
- Shop for items and equipment.
- Socialize. Make an Insight or Streetwise skill check. Success: Discover new factions or NPCs for Influence actions, or assess what skills/actions will advance standing with an already discovered faction.
- Travel to another location.
- Other actions may include making skill rolls toward a non-faction ongoing skill challenge, pure RP actions, etc.
You can push yourself to take a third strategic action in a day if you don’t take an Extended Rest. However, going too long without rest will incur fatigue penalties, generally a cumulative -1 to all die rolls.
Each strategic action is considered an encounter for the purposes of power use and recovery, but not for achieving milestones.